Vendor: Gaertner Scientific Corporation, Model: L117
Contact: Yacov Shneider (04-829-4205, email@example.com)
The GAERTHNER Scientific Corporation L117 is a single wavelength, variable angle, manual, null ellipsometer using 632.8 nm line of a He:Ne laser for measurement of film thickness and refractive index. The sample must be composed of a small number of discrete, well-defined layers that are optically homogeneous and isotropic. The ellipsometer measures the change in state of polarized light upon reflection from a surface. The measured values are expressed as Analyzer and Polarizer angles at the null detector signal, which can be converted into parameters related to film thickness and refractive index: ∆ and Ψ. The state of polarization is determined by the amplitude ratio, tan(Ψ), of the parallel (p) and perpendicular (s) components of radiation, and the phase shift difference, ∆, between the two components.
- He:Ne laser with wavelength of 632.8 nm
- The typical angle of incidence is 70o
- Standard DOS based software is used to calculate the film parameters
- Measurement resolution is 3-10Å and 0.01 for thickness and refractive index, respectively, for SiO2on Si
- Measure single film thickness and index or double film thicknesses